Yamaha Viking Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Id go with a 4500-5000k, only reason i got the Yamaha 3500, was because thats was all i could get at the time, i got the first Viking my dealer got in. So there where no aftermarket parts yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
going to get a plow i know bigger is better but funds are low . will 3500 work ok ?or do i need 5000
3500 will work just fine, as far as the plow goes 1000pd would be more then plenty just for that, but then if you got stuck it probably couldn't pull you out, I went with the 3500 at the time due to $ reasons just then, and it's still rated double what the viking weighs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
158 Posts
This idea is not for everyone. My winch is what i call portable. I have a recever hitch in the front also. My winch is mounted on a recever. I can move it from the front to the back. Made up a plug for the front and one in thr back from battery. Keep my winch in a box in the bed. Keeps winch clean and if stuck i can pull from front or rear. My winch is remote control. Works for me.

·
Banned
60 Posts
I took my terra 4,500 lb Superwinch off of my four wheeler and put it on my viking. It worked with plate that yahama sells just requires some new holes drilled because the 4,500 bolt pattern is different from 3,500. I flipped my winch over and laid a piece of paper on bottom of it and poked holes through paper where winch mounting holes were. I laid paper on yahama mount and drilled to work. The more the better if you get that viking really stuck you will want all the winch you can get:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.