Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you done to fill in the gap at the top of your windshield, so that rain is not coming in, and hitting you in your face?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a black pool noodle, and put a slit in it, the complete length. I slipped the windshield into the slit, and yes, it does work great! I had to kinds lift up on the edge of the roof and pushe the noodle past it, right in the center. But, it is great! Just wish I could figure a way to have the noodle with me all the time, as I like to ride with the windshield down

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a black pool noodle, and put a slit in it, the complete length. I slipped the windshield into the slit, and yes, it does work great! I had to kinds lift up on the edge of the roof and pushe the noodle past it, right in the center. But, it is great! Just wish I could figure a way to have the noodle with me all the time, as I like to ride with the windshield down
This is a good idea but as I do quite a bit of spot light hunting wallaby’s and roo's I need the window down, was wondering if instead of slotting the noodle, actually glue it to the roof with Silastic so the window shuts up tightly against it when up, not sure if that would work or not, do you think it’s worth a try?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here in Az we don't have much rain but a lot of dust and sun, on mine the sun in the afternoon was a killer shining off of the top bend in the windshield. I first tried a piece of 1/4" thick 5" wide plexiglass and painted it black, well that didn't last but one good trail ride and cracked out on the ends where the bolts attached it to the bars.
Round two cut a piece of 16ga sheet metal to fit the gap, added two struts in the middle to keep it from shaking, added weather strip along the bottom edge for the windshield to rest on without beating itself to death. So far so good blocks out some of the dust and the sun.
I could put up a pic if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here in Az we don't have much rain but a lot of dust and sun, on mine the sun in the afternoon was a killer shining off of the top bend in the windshield. I first tried a piece of 1/4" thick 5" wide plexiglass and painted it black, well that didn't last but one good trail ride and cracked out on the ends where the bolts attached it to the bars.
Round two cut a piece of 16ga sheet metal to fit the gap, added two struts in the middle to keep it from shaking, added weather strip along the bottom edge for the windshield to rest on without beating itself to death. So far so good blocks out some of the dust and the sun.
I could put up a pic if anybody is interested.
Pepper Can you post a picture when you get a chance please?

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts