Yamaha Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of ordering a horn kit for my viking, but need some info. Is it plug and play? I read online that it gets power from the connector that is used on the eps models. Is that correct? I have an eps model and was wondering if it will work without running new wires. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I have it installed on mine, and i believe it was supposed to be able to plug right in, but i have all my plugs used up..with aftermarket EPS kit, etc. So, i just have it ran right to the battery, no problems.

If i remember correctly, it said to plug it into the empty plug that is located behind the speedo, that you can see from the rear wheel well, but i used it already for my Power steering kit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it installed on mine, and i believe it was supposed to be able to plug right in, but i have all my plugs used up..with aftermarket EPS kit, etc. So, i just have it ran right to the battery, no problems.

If i remember correctly, it said to plug it into the empty plug that is located behind the speedo, that you can see from the rear wheel well, but i used it already for my Power steering kit.
Thanks for the reply. Does the factory eps also use the same plug? I looked but couldn't see any spare plugs. Worst case I will go direct to the battery.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Not sure there, since mine didnt come from the factory with EPS, wouldnt be able to honestly tell ya.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure there, since mine didnt come from the factory with EPS, wouldnt be able to honestly tell ya.
Picked it up this morning and have it installed. There is a spare plug even on eps models. But I have to say I am disappointed in it. It is not loud at all! Anything over 10mph and the engine noise overpowers it. It sounds like what scooters have for a horn.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I have to agree with you, should be much louder

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed mine with a horn button from Concours Specialties and ran it through a relay so I could upgrade the "Roadrunner" horn to something more manly down the road!

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
personally, I'd rather have a set of train horns on it:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts